©ourtesy of theStar & Leanne Delap
Fashion Designers Best Runway Show
Toronto’s runway show of World MasterCard Fashion Week for the spring 2014 collections gets underway Oct. 21 under the big white tent at David Pecaut Square. The week-long Toronto Fashion Week event runway show of Canadian top fashion designers. GF4AKK4PWFPM
Fashion designers Highlights include anchor shows by established stars Pink Tartan and veteran Toronto fashion week David Dixon and Bustle. Runway show evening finales by Canadian coat label Mackage, leathermaker Rudsak and fast fashion designers phenomenon, Joe Fresh, as well as a first-ever runway show of sportswear from Target. A strong lineup of young talent includes fashion designers Sid Neigum, Caitlin Power, Laura Siegel and Cara Cheung.
- The national final runway-based competition for the eight finalists of the Mercedes-Benz Start Up competition featuring regional winners from preliminary contests held across the country takes place Oct. 22. The winner will receive a year of top-flight industry mentoring and a runway show of their own for the fall show season next March.
- Fashion designers Saturday, the newest offering from IMG’s fashion portfolio takes place Oct. 26, and is open to the public. Capsule runway collections will show highlights from the week and Canadian designer fashions will be available for sale. Runway show Tickets, $75 and $150 for VIP access, are available on site.
For a full list of designers and the show schedule CLICK HERE
- WMC Toronto Fashion Week Excitement (theblackboxboutique.wordpress.com)
- 6 hot Canadian designers to watch at this fall’s Toronto Fashion Week (theglobeandmail.com)
- Malorie Urbanovitch and Matiere Noire share grand prize at Toronto fashion week (globalnews.ca)
- Day 2 of Toronto fashion week: From sheers to knits, looks to lounge in (globalnews.ca)
- Sisters get 2nd shot at Toronto Fashion Week (cbc.ca)