Fashion Art Toronto (FAT) Arts & Fashion Week launches its 7th year from April 24th to April 28th in Toronto. For five fabulous days, FAT explores the art of fashion via runway shows, art exhibits, photography, fashion films and live performances.
The FAT 2012 theme fashionSCAPES mirrors the concept of landscapes: unique, seasonal and ever changing. Each night a different sub-theme will be explored around the ideas of land, city, body and future. – – get info
• April 24 – LANDscapes explores global landscapes and physical environments
• April 25 – CITYscapes visits metropolises and man-made environments; streets, structures and cities
• April 26 – BODYscapes investigate the body as a field for expressing identity, sexuality and gender
• April 27 – FUTUREscapes looks at new materials, technology, media and innovative processes
• April 28 – FATmarket is chance for the public to purchase clothing hot off the runway from FAT designers
FAT Venue – 213 Sterling Road, Toronto
Sponsors – Astral Out-of-Home, M by Maddie, Goethe-Institut
“The unique blend of fashion, art and culture make this festival a true mirror of the city of Toronto,” says Vanja Vasic, Executive Director of FAT. “The festival’s unique vision in presenting diverse perspectives in an inclusive environment, make this event a perfect backdrop for showcasing the immense talent from Canada and around the world.”
The FAT attitude comes to life again this year at our new festival location – a former industrial warehouse located at 213 Sterling Road – Toronto’s new up-and-coming arts & design district. Models will stomp their heels on an 80 foot-long runway featuring 52 innovative fashion collections from top designers within Canada and abroad.
FAT is the first festival of its kind to present fashion through a broad range of disciplines including – design, film, photography, arts and performance – all under one roof. The festival puts Canada on the fashion world stage as an innovative force to be reckoned with.
FAT has an International reputation for presenting and discovering cool new talent: for instance Wesley Badanjak, Heidi Ackerman, Martin Lim and Jasper Garvida. Now in its 7th year FAT has presented over 1,000 designers and artists since it first launched in 2005.
|Fashion Art Toronto (FAT)|