Work of Edith Head: Legend Costumer
Film: What a Way to go, stars Shirley McLaine
Shirley MacLaine, Gene Kelly, Dean Martin, Robert Mitchum and Paul Newman star in What A Way To Go made in 1964. The movie tells the faintly ridiculous but utterly enjoyable story of Louisa May Foster (MacLaine) who marries for love but each time she does so she ends up a rich widow. Convinced that she is under a supernatural curse, Louisa relates her story to a psychiatrist and we see her life in flashbacks. – - more
- Designer Edith Head on stage (rtw-fashionspot.blogspot.com)
- Shirley MacLaine: her career “A true story that really happened.” (Appearing at Wells-Fargo Center, Santa Rosa, Sep 23) (mrmovietimes.com)
- #DuJuan in all #Chanel by Choi Yong Bin for #Harper’s Bazaar Korea December 2013 ©ourtesy of bit.ly/IVhJ7Y fb.me/6pKbCl9aC 20 hours ago
- Photo by #CecilBeaton 1946, Dress by Peter Russell ©ourtesy of bit.ly/IVgF3K fb.me/1YEnZT1Gf 20 hours ago
- ©ourtesy of bit.ly/IVgdCK fb.me/2RIagWTMa 20 hours ago
- #BarbaraCarrera ©ourtesy of bit.ly/IVfD89 : Nicaraguan-American film and television actress and former... fb.me/RnOqKdL7 20 hours ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/6j9BFdKzs 20 hours ago
- I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/6GHQfTn7v 20 hours ago
Blogs I Follow
- Pamela Foster, Author and Speaker
- Cats In Your Pants
- This Ruthless World
- The Life and Times of Nathan Badley...
- share a bit of love
- Gerbil News Network
- My Takes
- I Kissed My Date Goodnight
- Ally Lister || Flowers
- the beauty of transport
- Textbook Pillow
- gairnet provides: press of blll
- burns the fire
- ten minutes hate
|malinsophia on Pattern Play in Paper Mag…|
|Miss Lauren Marie on ALPHADI, Dakar Fashion We…|
|Wolldecke on Schiaparelli & Prada at…|
|designermode on Fall Fashion LA’s Present…|
|Fashion Week “delive… on Fashion Week “deliv…|
- 24,988 hits
Recent Posts: fernOnline blog speaks
Follow TwitterMy Tweets
- Unforgettable Photos From The Pearl Harbor Attack, 72 Years Ago Today
- A Congressman Forced The Air Force To Keep Using Aircraft It Didn't Even Want
- NFL QUARTERBACK POWER RANKINGS: Where All 32 Starters Stand Right Now
- There's A Government Agency That Still Uses Floppy Disks
- The Risk Of A Major Stock Market Decline Outweighs The Limited Potential Rewards
- GARTMAN: I Fear For South Africa Now That Mandela Has Died
- Famous Fashion Illustrators
- Famous Icons of Fashion
- Fashion Jobs
- Fashion Links
- Fashion Schools
- Film Jobs
- Group Organizations
- Hot Links
- Latest fashion press releases
- Men of 2010
- News items
- Runway 2012
- Shows 2011-2012
- Sponsor Links
- Sponsor Links
- Students Corner
- Terms & Privacy
- Trade Shows
- A TV Show That Isn’t Made of Whole Cloth“The Fashion Fund” is a TV show the aims to present an authentic competition.
- A Familiar Look From 2(x)istOn Thursday night before an enthusiastic and largely male crowd whose own six-pack days seemed well behind them, 2(x)ist showed its spring 2014 collection.
- Further Thoughts From ParisParis Fashion Week included so many designers that it was nearly impossible to cover them all. But – forgive the lateness – there were a few still deserving of shout-outs.
- Why Fashion Films Are Usually CartoonsFashion may be a great subject for film, but so far no one has been able to get beyond caricature. The latest example: “House of Versace,” on Lifetime.
- Saint Laurent Drops a Retailer in T-Shirt FlapSarah Andelman, the creative director and an owner of Colette, said that Saint Laurent had informed her that it was severing ties with her Paris store, one of the most influential independent retailers in the world.
- A Vivier Shoe Retrospective, Buckles and AllRoger Vivier, the designer shoe label that made buckles a fashion statement, is the subject of a new retrospective at the Palais de Tokyo.
- A Noticeable Thawing at Saint LaurentThe mood at Hedi Slimane’s spring showing on Monday night was decidedly less hostile than in the past, both from the perspective of the audience and, it would appear, that of the designer.
- Elements: Volume at Paris Fashion WeekExplore various interpretations of volume in our latest Elements video out of Paris Fashion Week
- The Good, the Bad, the Ugly … and the BeautifulWhile preparing for his spring show on Monday, Fausto Puglisi took a moment to answer some questions at the Ungaro studio on the Avenue Montaigne.
- Paris Fashion Week Elements | SilhouetteIn the latest Elements video, explore the many silhouettes at Paris Fashion Week.